14 October 2009
In the company of women
There is just no other way to say it....
If you are a new mom, you HAVE to find a way to spend time with other moms.
It had been almost 4 weeks since our Tuesday mom-date had happened and I didn't how much I had missed this time, until I was on my way home.
Because, it just makes everything okay.
1. It makes it okay that the little nuggets are waking up again ALL night long - and restless and needy.
2. It makes it okay that at 3am its okay to bring your 6.5 month old back into bed with you and hold them tight until they fall asleep in your arms.
3. It makes it okay that your 6.5 year old is making all kinds of weird noises, body movements and awkward motions - that don't mean that you have to schedule an appointment with the neurologist.
4. It makes it okay that you wanted to schedule an appointment with the neurologist.
5. It makes it okay that your husband is on a business trip in Indonesia for 10 days or heading to Mexico for an extended weekend.
6. It makes it okay that your body remains a mystery and that you are talking to your gynecologist about things you had never thought of.
7. It makes it okay that you are totally confused about the Swine Flu vaccine and indecisive of yet another important decision that has to be made.
8. It makes it okay that you haven't signed up your 6.5 month old for preschool - oh wait, until one of you says that she got her guy signed up last week and then you really feel the pressure because someone you actually know and trust jumped on the insane-register-your- unborn-child-for-preschool bandwagon.
9. It makes it okay that you fed your baby iron fortified rice cereal with banana without knowing that this would REALLY clog up the pipes.
10. And it makes it okay to laugh about all of it.