04 January 2010

And so it begins

And so, it is a new year.
And inevitably, the new year is always started with the sad sight of abandoned and dehydrated christmas trees. It is even more obvious in the city where no one has yards or mulch makers in their garages.

I saw the first tree a few days after Christmas. It's still at the foot of our communal long driveway - brown and dying. It makes me sad. Now, this first Monday of the new year, the streets are lined with abandoned trees as the weekend gave people the time and energy to clean up the holidays and make room for regular life to start again.

I too cleaned away any trace that Christmas was here - though the smiling faces on everyone's holiday cards are still greeting me every morning. I think I will keep those up for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment