09 November 2009

Bon Appetit

I wanted to love Super Baby Food, I really did. But it was dense and complicated and seemed to make me more anxious about diving into the world of solid foods than not, so I took what I could and stuck with sweet potatoes and pears. Knowing I needed to branch out, I went to my trusted source: my comrades in arms, the two new mamas I meet with each week. And of course, the answer was there, as always.

Williams Sonoma's Cooking for Baby

Here is why I love it:

1. It's easy to read, easy to follow, easy to use and makes me feel like I know what I am doing

2. It's broken down into months with suggestions for what is appropriate for your little one

3. It offers alternatives to rice cereal as baby's first food

4. The recipes could be for adults too - one meal for everyone (brilliant concept)

5. It's practical and pretty

For someone who would rather do the dishes than make the meal, this is a really good place to start. They say it takes baby steps, and it seems these little steps for my babe may just turn me into someone who likes cook.

But let's wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment