23 October 2009

Winds of change

One of the downfalls of being a new mother is how small one's world becomes for a short time. National and international news and events tend to reach me either days later or not at all, unless I make an effort to turn on the computer or listen to the radio in the car. Sometimes "Old McDonald" just wins out.

So when I got an email today that said the Dalai Lama says we "western" women are going to change the world, I was hooked and wanted more.

And indeed, at the Peace Summit in Vancouver at the end of September, His Holiness the Dalai Lama proclaimed that "The world will be saved by the western woman."

Wow.

As a I read more, I learned about Maria Shriver's Women's Conference that will take place this next week and was astounded to read that 14,000 tickets were sold within the first 20 minutes after registration opened.

Wow, again.

So as my world feels fairly small and I find myself wrapped up in decisions about Swine Flu vaccines, solid foods and toys that make noise, I trust that it is all part of how each one of us can indeed save the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment