02 March 2010

I found him...


I have been searching.

I have been searching long for the perfect piggy bank for the nugget. From etsy to ebay to the flea market to my local goodwill store. Somehow I had it in my head that I would find the perfect vintage, well loved, modern yet rustic non-piggy piggy bank. Should not have been this hard.

I found him - on ebay. And I bid and I waited and I hoped and then I didn't win - by 50 cents. So then, I went a little crazy. I emailed the seller - letting them know I was interested should something fall through with the sale. I can't believe I just admitted that.

Knowing he was from Pottery Barn Kids, I madly searched online and googled his name over and over. Nothing. I found a link to an article from 2008 that mentioned the modern nursery additions. Great 2008.

But I kept at it. I mean I had the time - my husband is across the world sleeping on a bed of concrete and meditating all day that leaves me with lots of free time once the nugget is sleeping. Yes, I kept at it. And then another link - this google search engine thing is amazing. This time it was to the blog from plum tree studio which I will now need to add to my list of blogs to read - it is darling. And there in one of her posts - was the giraffe version, with a date from last week. That meant, I had a chance. I called the local store, and yes in fact, they had one, new in box, just for me. Or I guess for the nugget, but let's be real - this stuff is never really for them.

And, I should have you know, that shortly after hearing the overzealous PB employee ask for my name and number, I checked my inbox and would you believe I had gotten a response from the ebay seller saying they had another one for sale and I should respond back if I wanted it listed. I realized in reading this how slightly "over the top" I had gone and sat back in my chair and took a deep breath. I figure, I never get this crazy over stuff...I won't be too hard on myself this time.

The irony is that this little fellow came from Pottery Barn Kids - as un-vintagey as it gets. But I think he was meant to be ours. Sometimes you don't get to choose who you fall in love with.

No comments:

Post a Comment