15 February 2010

Meant to be

I don't like chain letters. And I don't like chain emails. But today, I received this in my inbox, and somehow I couldn't simply click delete without savoring every little morsel. And instead of forwarding it on to 7 other women, I am simply going to forward it to you...

May today there be peace within. May you trust that you are exactly where you are meant to be. May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith in yourself and others. May you use the gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you. May you be content with yourself just the way you are.

I needed these words today. I will probably need these words again tomorrow, because there is no other way to deal with a cranky, runny-nosed, needy and totally-now-walking almost 11 month old tornado. A little tornado who managed to get to the kitchen, open "his" cupboard, get out an apple sauce snack, walk over to me and look at me as if I was taking way too slow to open it. What he didn't understand was that I was having one of those "oh @&^*" moments - the one where reality jolts you back into the present moment. The present moment where my not so little tiny baby actually intentionally brought me something to open. Then he just plopped down on the floor, right in front of the cold fridge door and began to blissfully savor every bite.

So, again, he reminded me that we are both exactly where we are meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment