19 June 2009

A what?

When it comes to newborns, there are some things you need. Then there are some things you want. And then there are the things that make you go "Huh?"

And so walks in the pee-pee tee pee.

Yes, this is exactly as it sounds - a tippee shaped cone that is meant to protect from the inevitable spray of urine that can land in your eye or all over your baby is you have been blessed with a little boy.

Don't get me wrong, the first time I got sprayed I understood the mom or dad who invented this strange contraption. It is a mess but somehow it just seems like part of the whole package. So when I actually saw the package of five Smurf size teepees at a local store the other day, I had to really check them out, and laugh.

And then, today in the mail it arrived. Our very own, couture, handmade, vintage fabric, one of a kind pee-pee teepee. And I love it.



I suppose I should have used it in earnest as the nugget managed to perfect aim just now: his own eyeball. I don't know if I should be horrified or die of laughter - I suppose a bit of pee in the eye never hurt anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment