06 March 2010

Going backwards

My first year of motherhood is slowly coming to an end and I still feel like there is so much that I haven't said or haven't shared. What I have learned is that there is not lack of content, but rather the lack of time and energy to really process it all.

That is why if you were to see the back-end of this blog you would see drafts of posted started. They sit there in the lists of posts and every time I see them, I think "Oh yeah, I really wanted to talk about that...and maybe I still do." And since this blog is just as much a chronicle for me to remember the first 365 days of the nugget's life, I am going to spend this weekend finishing what I started.

It is true that writing in hindsight may be different than if I had actually written on that very day - but it will simply feel more like story telling. And this is a story I want to remember. So be patient with me and allow me this looking back.

No comments:

Post a Comment