08 November 2009

Being read to


I am a little behind. Okay maybe a lot behind. But I am a new mom and a trip to the movies sounds about as exotic and mysterious as a trip to Shanghai.

We live without a TV. And though we used to keep Netflix in business, we have slowly stopped watching movies as well. And mostly, I don't miss it. We talk to each other more. And read more. But I miss the true escapism that movies provide me. So when two trusted sources recommended The Reader in one night, I couldn't resist and headed straight to our neighborhood Blockbuster. And on Saturday night, watching each nuance of this masterpiece projected onto the wall of our living room, I escaped.

Kate Winslet is stunning. This whole movie is stunning.

If you haven't seen it, see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment