25 July 2009

Wiped, spent, exhausted, empty

Cry it out or co-sleeping.

Another set of extremes that new parents must navigate blindly. Where is the middle ground? What does it look like? How do you get there?

I didn't really have any "nevers" during my pregnancy or even our birth - perhaps helping me to have the type of experience that I did. But I had/have a never now - I could NEVER do the cry it out sleep training method. It goes against my every cell in my body.

Okay, let me rephrase that. It went against every cell in my body.

I have not slept more than 4 hours in a row in over 5 months (the last month of preganancy doesn't really leave you with the most restful sleep). And I was one of those people who needed 8 hours of sleep to be useful and 9 meant I could be utterly delightful. So I am tired.

So tired that now I can't even get my eyes closed when I do have the opportuninty to sleep. So tired that things keep falling out of my hands. So tired that my right keeps twitching. So tired that my body feels like it has been in the heavy load cycle of the washing machine. So tired that I am ready for any solution anyone can give me...

No comments:

Post a Comment